VACANCY: Technical support – Office or Remote
SCI is looking to fill the vacancy for Technical Support in the International Secretariat. This post can be worked in the office (Antwerp, Belgium) or remotely. We are prepared to discuss various scenarios to cover the technical needs of the International Secretariat.
We encourage enquiries prior to application, as we understand this is a very specific role with a degree of flexibility. Please send enquiries to Jackie: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Job: Tech Support
1. as office staff (either based in the office in Antwerp or remotely based within a commutable distance from the office): Part-time role – 60%
2. worked remotely on a service contract, as needed (open to companies and freelancers)
Technical support and maintenance for the International Secretariat of Service Civil International, Antwerp. The role requires liaising/supporting a Tech volunteer in the office.
The post can be worked in the office in Antwerp or remotely. If the post is worked as office staff, applicants must have the right to work in the EU.
Salary: The salary is €2200 per month gross at 100%. There are additional benefits as per Belgian Law if working in the office. This post is 60% and calculated pro rata.
Remuneration can be discussed for remote/ freelance/service contract workers.
There will be a six month probation period and the contract is for one year initially.
Applications are by CV, and a motivational statement clearly setting out how your skills and abilities fit the profile of Essential and Desirable Criteria.
Applications should be sent to Jackie: email@example.com clearly marked ‘Application for Tech Support’.
Deadline: 15 January 2021 at midnight CET.
Start date is as soon as possible.
Please note that only applicants accepted through this first screening will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by end of January, please assume you have not been selected.
The Tech Support is responsible for the following:
- System administration (Centos 7, WHM/cPanel)
- Maintenance and updates of SCI’s websites (Drupal 7, WordPress, Joomla! 3)
- Maintenance of a survey system (LimeSurvey)
- Implementation of new features for SCI’s websites according to users’ needs
- Support to the communication team for the international website (WordPress)
- Technical support for the International Secretariat and the movement (second-level, with the help of a long-term volunteer)
- Supporting a Tech volunteer based in the office.
- Knowledge of web technologies: CSS, HTML, PHP
- CMS: WordPress, Drupal
- Server management: Linux, WHM/cPanel
- Support/assistance of non-technical users
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies
- Breadth of knowledge rather than depth
- Can extrapolate knowledge from past situations and apply it to new ones
- Knowledge of French or Dutch
- Agile methodologies
- CMS: Joomla!
- Experience of working with volunteers
60% working time.
Allocation of hours will depend on whether the Tech Support is working in the office or remotely. Options can be discussed with the right candidate.
Supporting the Office Tech volunteer in Tech work.
Who we are
Service Civil International (SCI) is a volunteer organisation dedicated to promoting a culture of peace by organising international voluntary projects for people of all ages and backgrounds. The organisation consists of 41 branches and more than 90 partner organisations.
Where we are
SCI has thousands of projects and activities all around the world, implemented by our branches and partners. We are a network of more than 133 organizations in 93 different countries.