ESC communication volunteer wanted in the IS!
Join us for one year in Antwerp
The International Secretariat of Service Civil International is looking for a Communication and Campaign European Solidarity Corps volunteer!
Where: SCI International Secretariat, Antwerp, Belgium
Period: 24 July 2023 – 23 July 2024
Communication and Campaign ESC Volunteer Title:
SCI has been organising international volunteering projects for 100 years internationally, organising short-term voluntary projects (workcamps) as well as mid-term and long-term volunteering exchanges. SCI’s vision is a world of peace, social justice and sustainable development, where all people live together with mutual respect and without recourse to any form of violence to solve conflicts. SCI’s mission is to promote a culture of peace by organising international volunteering projects with local and global impact. The volunteer’s work will support this mission.
The volunteer will be working on communication and awareness-raising activities, supporting the communication activities of the International Secretariat, as well as campaigns focused on international volunteering and peace. The placement requires creativity, a keen interest in communication work for NGOs and the ability (or interest in developing as a skill) to multitask. The Communication and Volunteer Coordinator will act as the direct supervisor and many of the projects will be done in collaboration, with strong support for self-initiative and innovative ideas.
The participant will work a total 30 hours a week and will receive 2 free days per month during the voluntary service.
The communication and campaign volunteer will largely work with the Communication and Volunteer Coordinator (CVC) on internal and external communication, with a specific focus on international volunteering, SCI values and storytelling. Tasks will include:
Communication Tasks (70%)
- Creating content online and offline for social media and publications;
- Coordinate and create the monthly E-zine newsletter as well as the bi-monthly internal newsletter;
- Update and maintain the international website, especially the Voices of volunteers and news;
- Communicate with branches and partner organisations to encourage them to share their experience after their activities, including feedback from participants in different formats: articles, podcasts, videos, …;
- Contribute to the dissemination plan of the communication campaigns and activities, with freedom to suggest innovative communications methods or campaigns;
- Support the development of donor relations;
- Update internal platforms and address list.
- Coordinate some of the communication campaigns with the rest of the Movement;
- Come up with new and relevant content for campaigns on social media.
- A personal project agreed upon with the CVC;
- Share the general work of the office, such as answering telephone calls, filing, joining office meetings, and any other general office tasks that arise;
- Other tasks as they may arise.
Who are we looking for?
A candidate aged between 18-30, from a country participating in the European Solidarity Corps, who has:
- An interest in the topics of human rights, solidarity, volunteering and intercultural dialogue and who is eager to contribute to SCI’s mission of promoting a culture of peace;
- An interest in learning the practical side of communication and promotion in an international NGO;
- Passion and knowledge in using social media tools;
- Interest in video or podcast creation and editing;
- An interest in increasing graphic design skills in software such as Indesign and Canva and website design with WordPress;
- Good English language skills (spoken and written) and interest in learning basic Dutch;
- Creativity, determination and self-initiative;
- Interest to help, learn and share, to work in a busy international office, to multitask and to work in teams.
What do we offer you?
- A 12 months volunteer contract with Service Civil International’s International Secretariat;
- A monthly volunteer allowance of 440 EUR;
- A furnished room in an apartment with shared facilities (livingroom, kitchen, bathroom);
- Travel reimbursement for your travel between Antwerp and your place of residence at the beginning and at the end of your service (up to 275 EUR or 320 EUR if travelling green);
- A bike sharing card to explore the beautiful city of Antwerp;
- A personal mentor who will support you during your time in Belgium;
- CIGNA Health Insurance;
- Participation in international meetings (Exchange Platform Meeting, International Committee Meeting);
- Participation in a workcamp.
Starting date would be 24 July 2023.
How to apply
If you have any questions, send an email to email@example.com, but please note that I will be on holiday at that time and my response time will be delayed.
⏰ Deadline for applications: 11 May 2022. Interviews will be held in the following weeks.