SCI Madrid is looking for 2 ESC volunteers
Long Term Volunteering
1 volunteer offer for the position of Communication & ESC officer. (High level of Spanish required).
- A person with a communication profile, especially in webpage and social media management:
- Interest in human rights issues, solidarity, volunteering and intercultural dialogue and who is eager to contribute to SCI’s mission to promote a culture of peace.
- Interested in communication in an international NGO
- Knowledge of community management
- Ability to communicate fluently in Spanish and English (spoken and written)
- Support in the ESC project: management and selection of applications – communication with international organisations – training provision – follow-up of volunteers
1 volunteer offer for the position of Volunteering energiser and Placement officer. (High level of Spanish required).
- Promoting international volunteering
- Participation and dynamization in the activities and meetings of local SCI volunteer groups
- Participation in the organization and setting up meetings and training courses
- Informing and orienting volunteers.
- Sending and receiving volunteer’s management process (Workcamps) Knowledge:
- Previous knowledge in the management and implementation of volunteer projects would be an asset.
- Management of volunteer groups
- Personal motivation in the field of the third sector.
- Fluent in Excel, Word, PPT – Teamwork skills.
The duration of both offers is 12 months, with flexible start dates, although ideally people should be able to start between February 1 and 15.
ACCOMMODATION, FOOD AND TRANSPORT ARRANGEMENTS
SCI Madrid is not responsible for providing accommodation. Volunteers will decide her/his own place to live. At the beginning of every month, SCI Madrid will provide In Project volunteers with pocket money. It will be a salary that will cover their accommodation, food, and transport; meaning that volunteers will manage the pocket money received for their own interests.
TRAINING DURING THE ACTIVITY
The daily program consists of 6 hours 5 days a week. There will be 2 consecutive free days/ week and 2 days of holiday for each month. To facilitate the participation of a high number of volunteers, some activities will take place during the weekend. In these cases, the number of working hours done by the volunteer will be adjusted for the following weeks, by reducing working hour’s amount of days off so that the total number of working hours per week does not exceed 35h. The volunteer will be trained by the Incountry/ESC program, by SCI Madrid and their particular project.
How to apply:
To apply for the offer, interested persons can send their CV and a short motivation letter in Spanish to SCI Madrid’s email email@example.com.